Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Hangzhou- Hanging out with Classmates (Oct 20, 2016)


A few of my classmates and I went out to lunch today! One of my friends Youssef, who's Egyptian (the guy on the bottom left), recommended this Muslim restaurant where we had a delicious Syrian feast.

From left to right: Kailin, Josh, Aida, Youssef, Giancarlo, Dave, Clara, Me, Giovanni, Miho, Meng nana (Catalina)

Although the restaurant was a little far from campus and the food took a little while to come, the food was so worth the wait- some of the best Middle Eastern food I've tasted!


My friend ordered for all of us and got this huge plate of grilled chicken and french fries on top of rice with pine nuts and fried onion.


Then my favorite part was this delicious baked casserole that ended up being filled with rigatoni, ground beef, and a yummy yogurt cream sauce with lots of cheese on top!

It's been really fun getting to know people from all over the world! It's cool learning about others' cultures and funny hearing what kinds of preconceived notions people have about the US or other countries. For the most part we speak only in Chinese, but many students (especially from Europe, Canada) can also speak English very well too. So if something is too complex to talk about in Chinese (politics for example), it's possible to say it in English, and most of us can understand. Hanging out with my classmates is not just fun, but it's also definitely helping me to improve my Chinese, especially since many of them are better speakers than I am!

---

Oct 15, 2016


Another class excursion, this time for Korean food! :D The four Korean students in my class ordered for all of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment